Chosen by a Horse – Book Review




Dobroye Utra, guys! (‘good morning’ in Russian)  :3
Here I want to make a brief review about a book I have read a couple of days ago titled “Chosen by a Horse” by Susan Richard, an American writer.
This book I’ve read is actually not mine. It’s my friend’s, Afi. I borrowed it around two weeks ago, and I finished it in a week. Pretty long, huh? :D
Well, it was because I always make a note for every new vocabulary I found in the book. And, it was kind of….. a lot of important vocabularies I should write down. : ))))

On the front cover, you can see the title and a short sentence :
“How a broken horse fix a broken heart”

And on the back cover, there is a brief synopsis. Here it is :

A book for anyone who has ever loved a horse,
and for everyone who has ever lost a loved one

            When Susan Richards agrees to give a home to one of the abused horses just taken in by the local Animal Rescue Centre, a new chapter opens in his turbulent life. She lost her mother at age of five and was raised by uncaring relatives; married unhappily and divorced, she had also become an alcoholic. Now, at 43, she finds herself living with just horses for company: the diva-like Georgia, boyish Tempo, and hopeless romantic Hotshot.
            As Susan is vainly attempting to capture the rescued horse assigned to her, a skeletal mare called Lay Me Down walks into the horse trailer of her own volition. Susan takes her home, and so begins a relationship that will change her view of the world.

And here is one of testimonies I like,
Chosen by a Horse contains several extraordinary action sequences.. It also has moments of great silence and stillness. I’ll never forget Lay Me Down or Hotshot.” – Newsday

            Honestly, Chosen by a Horse is the most moving English book I have ever read. Of course I cannot give you more spoiler, so that you can read and find how gorgeous this book by yourself. Ehehe.. I can ensure you, after reading this book, you will learn something new about life, love, destiny, and the meaning of loss. It made me cry! :’)
            So, guys, for who haven’t read this book yet, grab your jacket and go to the library, or maybe you can browse it online (for buying it or look for the e-book). I highly recommend this book for all of you! : )))



Thank you for reading this Chosen by a Horse’s review. Hope you enjoy it! ^^
XOXO
Alvi Rosyidah a.k.a @alvrose_
.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Analisis Lagu "The Masterplan" - Oasis

Analisis Lirik Lagu Little by Little - Oasis (Bagian 1) | Literal Translation dan Beberapa Catatan Penting

Terjemahan Bebas dan Analisis Lirik Lagu Little by Little - Oasis (Bagian 2)

Bahaya Jas Almamater (dan Sebangsanya)

5 Film dengan Soundtrack Lagu The Beatles

Resensi dan Review Buku Brianna dan Bottomwise [Andrea Hirata]

7 Alasan Mencela Diriku - Kahlil Gibran

Terjemahan Bebas dan Analisis Makna Lirik Lagu "Some Might Say" - Oasis

Masa Tergesa, dan Aku Ditelan Waktu | Terjemahan Bebas Lagu “I’m Outta Time” oleh Oasis

Waktu, Jawaban untuk Pikiranmu yang Tak Pernah Tenang Itu | Analisis Video dan Lirik Lagu "Only Time" - Enya